Our focus at HBDS is on you and creating treatment options that meet your dental health requirements.
We ensure that we take sufficient time to get to know you, to understand your challenges and desired outcomes, carefully planning optimal dental treatment for you.
As Our Patient, You Are Our Priority
We welcome you to the Hout Bay Dental Studio, where our patients are our priority. We're committed to making your dental care a unique and comfortable experience.
When you contact our practice to schedule your first visit, your questions, requests and concerns regarding your dental care will be heard, understood and accommodated.
Your initial appointment will include
- Sufficient time for you to communicate the purpose of your visit, your desired dental treatment outcomes, and the opportunity to ask any questions you have regarding your care.
- A thorough review of your dental and medical history.
- A comprehensive dental examination.
- Additional diagnostic records such as diagnostic models, photographs and radiographs may be necessary depending on the nature of your case.
- A discussion regarding your doctor's initial findings and treatment recommendations.
- You might require an additional appointment where your doctor will discuss with you your treatment options and their recommendations, the ideal sequencing of your visits and costs associated with your care.
- We'll also answer any questions you may have about payment schedules or insurance processing.
After making your dental appointment, you have the option of submitting your new patient form online before your visit or request to receive it by email. You can complete this at your leisure and bring it along to your appointment. Alternatively, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your consultation to complete it at reception.
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Closed on South African Public Holidays
We request that you give us at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment. This notice allows us ample time to reschedule someone else who may require a more immediate visit.
Payment Policy and Insurance Reimbursement
Before commencing any dental treatment, we will provide you with detailed information regarding your care, treatment sequence and financial investment. We invoice and collect payment for our services at the time of treatment. Patients are responsible for submitting their insurance claims and reimbursement from their medical scheme. As a courtesy to our patients, we will assist in submitting insurance claims where possible.